Entertainment calendar for Nov. 9, 2017
Send your listings to The News-Sentinel, PO Box 102, Fort Wayne, IN 46801, or email email@example.com. Include event’s time, date, location, admission cost, reservation deadline and address, or phone number for making reservations. We need information one week in advance. Questions? Call 461-8437.
NEW MAJOR EVENTS
• FESTIVAL OF GINGERBREAD: Preview 3-9 p.m. Nov. 22 during Night of Lights (cost $3 per person), festival hours 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, and noon-5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 24-Dec. 10, at The History Center, 302 E. Berry St. Cost: $6 for ages 18-64, $4 for ages 65 and older and ages 3-17, and free to ages 2 and younger and History Center members. Admission includes the opportunity to visit the entire museum. AEP/Indiana Michigan Power will sponsor a free admission night 5-9 p.m. Nov. 28.
• THE YAWPERS: 9 p.m. today, Brass Rail, 1121 Broadway. Cost: $7 per person. Ticket info: www.brassrailfw.com.
• VETERANS DAY FLAG CEREMONY: 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Classic Ballroom in Walb Student Union at IPFW, 2101 Coliseum Blvd. E. Keynote Speech by Chancellor Ronald Elsenbaumer.
• “WE STILL LIVE HERE – AS NUTAYUNEAN”: Film Screening for Native American Heritage Month, 11 a.m.-noon, Room 114, Walb Student Union at IPFW, 2101 Coliseum Blvd. E.
• SHANNON PERSINGER BAND: 8:30 p.m. Friday, Nick’s Martini and Wine Bar, 1235 E. State Blvd. Information: 1-260-483-9767.
• BLACK TIE BEFORE BLACK FRIDAY GALA: 7-10 p.m. Friday, Ceruti’s Diamond Room, 6601 Innovation Blvd. Music by the Brat Pack, appetizers, cash bar and raffles. Dress in festive holiday attire. Benefits the YWCA Northeast Indiana’s Dress for Success program. Cost: $50 per person; a limited number of ticket will be available at the door.
• “WHITE CHRISTMAS,” Fort Wayne Civic Theatre, 8 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Nov. 17-18, and 2 p.m. Sunday and Nov. 19, Arts United Center, 303 E. Main St. Tickets $30, adults; $25, seniors; and $17, ages 23 and younger. Tickets available at fwcivic.org or 424-5220.
• “SENSE & SENSIBILITY”: by Kate Hamill, based on the novel by Jane Austen, all for One productions, 7:30 p.m. Friday-Saturday and Nov. 17-18, and 2:30 p.m. Sunday and Nov. 19, PPG ArtsLab theater in Auer Center for Arts and Culture, 300 E. Main St. Cost: $20, adults; $17, ages 60 and older; and $11, students. Tickets available at 1-260-422-4226 or https://tickets.artstix.org.
• SISTER ACT, THE MUSICAL: 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday, University of Saint Francis Robert Goldstine Performing Arts Center, 431 W. Berry St. Cost: $17, adults; $15, ages 65 and older and ages 18 and younger; and free, with USF student ID. Tickets available at the door 30 minutes before each show.
• VETERANS DAY PARADE: 11 a.m. Saturday, Parnell Avenue from East State Boulevard to Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Ave. Free.
• OPERATION MP-125 TREE DEDICATION CEREMONY: 2 p.m. Saturday, Memorial Park, 2301 Maumee Ave. The Warrior Breed Motorcycle Club raised the money to replace trees to restore the park’s Memorial Grove to its original 125 trees, which were planted in honor of Allen County residents who lost their lives during U.S. military service in World War I. The park pavilion will be open as a warming shelter.
• FLAG-RAISING EVENT: In honor of Veterans Day, 2 p.m. Saturday, Two EE’s Winery, 6808 U.S. 24 near Huntington. The event highlights the work of the Fort Wayne nonprofit Our Turn To Serve, which helps veterans suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) by matching them with a specially trained service dog.
• THREE RIVERS CHORAL FESTIVAL: “Peace” mass choir performance at 7 p.m. Saturday in Auer Performance Hall in Rhinehart Music Center at IPFW, 2101 Coliseum Blvd. E. The mass choir features choirs from Bluffton, Concordia Lutheran, New Haven and North Side high schools; the Youth Chorale from the Fort Wayne Children’s Choir; and the IPFW University Singers. Cost: $4-$7. For tickets, call the IPFW Box Office at 1-260-481-6555 or go to ipfw.edu/tickets.
• HEROES AND LEGENDS WRESTLING: Opens 2 p.m. Nov. 11, with main wrestling card starting at 7 p.m., Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Ave. Cost: $17, $27, $37, $57. Tickets available at the coliseum box office or www.ticketmaster.com.
• CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING: 7 p.m. Saturday, Jefferson Pointe shopping center, Jefferson Boulevard and Illinois Road. Free. After the tree lighting, the tree light display runs each half hour 6-11 p.m. nightly.
• WALKING PAPERS: 8 p.m. Saturday, Nick’s Martini and Wine Bar, 1235 E. State Blvd. Information: 1-260-483-9767.
• HOT CIDER HUSTLE 5K RUN: 9 a.m. Sunday, Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Ave. Cost: $39.99 through Nov. 9 at https://hotciderhustle.com/fortwayne-register.
• SUMMIT CITY SINGERS: “A Celebration of Children and Christmas” concerts, 7 p.m. Nov. 14, Byron Healthcare Center, 12101 Lima Road; 7 p.m. Nov. 21, Towne House Retirement Center, 2209 St. Joseph Center Road; 7 p.m. Nov. 28, Georgetown Place, 1717 Maplecrest Road; 3 p.m. Dec. 3, Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 2417 Getz Road; and 3 p.m. Dec. 9, downtown Allen County Public Library, 900 Library Plaza. Free admission, but donations welcomed. For more about the group or its concerts, search for the group on Facebook, go to Summitcitysingers.com or call Judy King at 489-4505.
• OPEN JAM WITH G-MONEY: 7 p.m. Nov. 15, Nick’s Martini and Wine Bar, 1235 E. State Blvd. Information: 1-260-483-9767.
• KARAOKE: With Fort Wayne DJs, 8 p.m. Nov. 16, Nick’s Martini and Wine Bar, 1235 E. State Blvd. Information: 1-260-483-9767.
• HORIZON ARCS: 8:30 p.m. Nov. 17, Nick’s Martini and Wine Bar, 1235 E. State Blvd. Information: 1-260-483-9767.
• JOE FIVE: 8:30 p.m. Nov. 18, Nick’s Martini and Wine Bar, 1235 E. State Blvd. Information: 1-260-483-9767.
• NOT MY KIDS: Reunion concert, 9 p.m. Nov. 18, Columbia Street West, 135 W. Columbia St. $5 cover.
• HAMFEST & COMPUTER EXPO: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Nov. 18 and 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Nov. 19, Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Ave. Cost: $6 per person for both days or $3 per person for Sunday only; ages 11 and younger free with paying adult. Parking: $5, main lot, and $8, preferred lot.
• PLAY AUDITIONS: For “Reindeer #3 is Squeaking,” noon Nov. 18 and 25, TekVenture Stage, 1550 Griffin St. Children ages 5-12 and two adults needed. Multiple performances Dec. 9-10 during a gift-making workshop. Information: Jeannette at 1-260-750-9013 or go to www.ecstatic-theatrics.com.
• UNCLOUDED DAY QUARTET: Concert of faith-related music, 4 p.m. Nov. 19, Broadway Christian Church, 910 Broadway. Free, but a free-will offering will be accepted to benefit the church’s fund drive to install an elevator in the historic building.
• HOLIDAY MEMORIAL TREE LIGHTING: 5-6 p.m. Nov. 19, Baker Street Train Station, 221 W. Baker St. Speaker and performance by the Fort Wayne Children’s Choir Chamber Choir. To buy a light to memorialize someone on the tree, call 1-260-435-3222 or go to http://www.vnfw.org/donate-now/. Proceeds benefit Visiting Nurse.
• The Downtown Improvement District announced the lighting schedule for the annual Night of Lights on Nov. 22, the day before Thanksgiving:
5:30 p.m.: History Center Turret Lighting, Barr and Berry streets
5:45 p.m.: Christ Child Festival Nativity Lighting, Ross Building on Main Street at Maiden Lane
5:50 p.m.: Aunt Millie’s Northern Lights, 350 Pearl St.
5:55 p.m.: Community Center Santa’s Workshop Display, 233 W. Main St.
6:20 p.m.: Santa and His Reindeer on PNC Bank, Main and Calhoun streets
6:40 p.m.: Ash Brokerage Holiday Illumination, Harrison and Berry streets
7 p.m.: Wells Fargo Holiday Display and Indiana Michigan Power Merry Christmas Wreath, I&M Power Center Plaza at Calhoun and Wayne streets
7:15 p.m.: Botanical Conservatory & Embassy Theatre Displays, Jefferson Boulevard at Calhoun Street
7:30 p.m.: Ringing of the Bells, downtown churches and Allen County Public Library carillon
7:45 p.m.: Parkview Field Holiday Fireworks, Jefferson Boulevard
• GUN & KNIFE SHOW: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Nov. 25 and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Nov. 26, Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Ave. Cost: $7, adults; $6, ages 60 and older; and free, ages 12 and younger. Parking: $5, main lot, and $8, preferred lot.
• TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA: “The Ghosts of Christmas Eve,” 7:30 p.m. Nov. 29, Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Ave. Cost: $69, $57, $45.50, $35.50; available at Ticketmaster.com/acwmc, 1-800-745-3000, www.ticketmaster.com/mobile or coliseum ticket office, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays and before evening events. Parking: $5, main lot, and $8, preferred lot.
• “A Christmas Carol,” 7:30 p.m. preview Nov. 30; 7:30 p.m. Dec. 1, 2, 9 and 16; 2 p.m. Dec. 3; and 6 p.m. Dec. 10 and 17; First Presbyterian Theater, 300 W. Wayne St. Cost: $20, general admission; $18, ages 66 and older; and free, first 30 full-time students and $10 for additional students or at the door. Tickets available at www.firstpresbyteriantheater.com; 1-260-426-7421, ext. 121; or at the box office 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday-Friday and one hour before the show.
• “CHRISTMAS AT HOME” WITH THE SWINNEY SISTERS: 2:30-4:30 p.m. Dec. 1 and 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 2:30-4:30 p.m. Dec. 2, Swinney Homestead, 1424 W. Jefferson Blvd. Syllabub and tea refreshments, sweets and savories, music by the Hearthstone Ensemble, and gift shop open. Cost: $20; prepaid reservations at 1-260-747-1229 and 1-260-747-1501. Proceeds support maintenance and restoration of the homestead. Information: Settlersinc.org.
• LE CHIC HOLIDAY MARKET: 5-9 p.m. Dec. 1, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Dec. 2, Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Ave. Cost: $5 per person. Parking: $5, main lot, and $8, preferred lot.
• GREAT TRAIN SHOW: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 2-3, Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Ave. Cost: $10 for both days or $9 for Sunday; ages 11 and younger free. Parking: $5, main lot, and $8, preferred lot.
• PAW PATROL LIVE!: “The Great Pirate Adventure,” 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Dec. 2-3, Memorial Coliseum, 4000 Parnell Ave. Cost: $19.50, $25.50, $35.50, $50.50 (Gold Circle), $115.50 (VIP); available at Ticketmaster.com/acwmc, 1-800-745-3000, www.ticketmaster.com/mobile or coliseum ticket office, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays and before evening events. Parking: $5, main lot, and $8, preferred lot.
• HOLIDAY JEWELS FUNDRAISER: And silent auction, all benefiting ARCH, 6-9 p.m. Dec. 8, historic Vermilyea House, 13501 Redding Drive. Food by Club Soda, drinks and see the remodeled home. Cost: $45 for ARCH members and $55 for nonmembers. To buy tickets and for information, go to archfw.org or call 1-260-426-5117.
• “DANCING WITH THE STARS: Live! – Light Up The Night.”: 7:30 p.m. Feb. 7, Embassy Theatre, 125 W. Jefferson Blvd. Tickets are $42.50, $54.50, $69.50, $89.50 and $125; available now at ticketmaster.com, 1-800-745-3000 and Embassy Theatre box office.
• “Video Games Live,” with the Fort Wayne Philharmonic, 7:30 p.m. March 3 in Rhinehart Music Center at IPFW, 2101 Coliseum Blvd. E. The concert includes music from popular video games, synchronized video footage and lighting, and interactive segments. Tickets start at $29 and go on sale Nov. 15 at www.fwphil.org or 1-260-481-0777.
• “The Music of Led Zeppelin,” with the Fort Wayne Philharmonic, 7:30 p.m. April 13 at the Embassy Theatre, 125 W. Jefferson Blvd. The orchestra will be joined by an four-piece rock band and vocalist Randy Jackson in a show including 18 Led Zeppelin songs and rock concert lighting. Tickets start at $29 and go on sale Nov. 15 at www.fwphil.org or 1-260-481-0777.
• CELTIC WOMAN: 3 p.m. June 10, Embassy Theatre, 125 W. Jefferson Blvd. Tickets $39-$99, available now at ticketmaster.com, 1-800-745-3000 and Embassy Theatre box office.