Art galleries and exhibits calendar for Nov. 30, 2017
Send your listings to Ticket!, The News-Sentinel, PO Box 102, Fort Wayne, IN 46801, or email email@example.com. Include event’s time, date, location, admission cost, reservation deadline and address, or phone number for making reservations. We need information one week in advance. Questions? Call 461-8437.
• ARTLINK: Auer Center for Arts and Culture, 300 E. Main St. “Doubled Over,” by Lisa Walcott, and “Justin Johnson: Elegies of the Past,” now through Dec. 8. Hours: noon-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and noon-4 p.m. Sunday. For more information, visit artlinkfw.com. Drawn Together, materials provided, 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, Calhoun Street Soups, Salads & Spirits, 1915 S. Calhoun St. The Art Market: Winter Edition, noon-7 p.m. Dec. 16, Christmas cards, home goods, stationery, ceramics and more from more than 20 artists and makers.
AUBURN CORD DUESENBERG AUTOMOBILE MUSEUM, 1600 S. Wayne St., Auburn: “Boattails! Supercars of the Golden Age.” Museum hours 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday year-round. Last admission taken one hour before closing. Information: automobilemuseum.org.
• FOELLINGER-FREIMANN BOTANICAL CONSERVATORY: 1100 S. Calhoun St. “Snow Days” showcase exhibit, through Jan. 7. Outdoor terrace display of lights and synchronized holiday music. Anita Trick pastel, watercolor and oil art exhibit through December. Cost: $5 for adults, $3 ages age 3-17, and free for ages 2 and younger. For more information, call 1-260-427-6440. Santa and two reindeer greet children and pose for photos, noon-4 p.m. Saturday and Dec. 9 and 16. $1 Night, first Thursday of the month, 5-8 p.m. Dec. 7. Snow Days Concert, 6-7 p.m. Dec. 7, featuring local folk/Americana band elle/the Remnant, $1 Night admission. Suzuki Strings Holiday Concert, featuring children musicians, 2-2:45 p.m. Dec. 10. Conservatory Member Holiday Night, 5-8 p.m. Dec. 13.
• FORT WAYNE ARTISTS GUILD: In November, Nancy Longmate, Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 2417 Getz Road; Barb Yoder, Allen County Retinal Surgeons, 7900 W. Jefferson Blvd.; Alice Siefert, 2nd floor, and Brenda Stichter, third floor, Citizens Square, 200 E. Berry St.; Fort Wayne Artists Guild Winter Exhibit, Heritage of Fort Wayne, 8200 St. Joe Road and 5250 Heritage Parkway; Doni Adam, Ophthalmology Consultants (Southwest), 7232 Engle Road; Linda Hall and Susan Wenger, Ophthalmology Consultants (North), 10186 Dupont Circle Drive E.; Karen Bixler, Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Wayne, 7970 W. Jefferson Blvd.; Karen Harvey, ResCare Inc Adult Day Service, 3711 Rupp Drive; Karen Bixler, Town House Retirement Center, 2209 St. Joseph Center Road; Mary Lou Hutter and Darlene Selzer-Miller, Visiting Nurse, 5910 Homestead Road; and Dick Heffelfinger and Toni McAlhany, Will Jewelers, 10146 Maysville Road.
• FORT WAYNE MUSEUM OF ART: 311 E. Main St.: “Los Vivos y los Muertos,” a private collection of art inspired by the Day of the Dead, through Dec. 3. “David Shapiro: Seer, Actor, Knower, Doer,” featuring more than 30 works in three galleries, through Feb. 2. Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday.
• INDIANA TECH: D’Agostino Art Gallery, 1600 E. Washington Blvd. “Geoffrey Hiller: Daybreak in Myanmar,” photos documenting the people of what was called Burma and the change there since 1987, now through Feb. 18. Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-noon Saturday and 4-6 p.m. Sunday.
• IPFW, 2101 Coliseum Blvd. E.: Visual art gallery, “Regional Art Educators’ Exhibition,” through Dec. 8. Hours: 8 a.m.-9 p.m. weekdays; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Free admission.
SCIENCE CENTRAL: 1950 N. Clinton St. “Spiders! The Art and Science of Arachnids,” through Jan. 7. Hours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesdays-Fridays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays, noon-5 p.m. Sundays. Cost: $9, ages 3 and older, free, ages 2 and younger. Information: 424-2400 or sciencecentral.org.
• SOPHIA’S PORTICO: Women’s Winter Art Fair, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Beacon Heights Church of the Brethren, 2810 Beacon St. Local women artists sell handcrafted jewelry, fabric art, Native American art, glass, pottery, photography, clothing, prints, cards and mixed media. Homemade soups, breads and baked goods also available. Free admission and open to the public. Information: 1-260-482-7402, www.sophiasportico.org and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/SophiasPortico/.
THE ART FARM: 17612 N. County Line Road E., Spencerville. Holiday Pop-Up Gallery, opening reception 5-10 p.m. Friday, gallery hours noon-6 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday Dec. 2-30.
THE ART STUDIO HOLIDAY GALLERY: in the former Williams-Sonoma space at Jefferson Pointe shopping center, 4130 W. Jefferson Blvd. Art and creations by more than 30 local and area artists and craftspeople. Hours: 2-8 p.m. Fridays, noon-8 p.m. Saturdays and noon-5 p.m. Sundays, through Dec. 24.
• THE GALLERY AT PRANA YOGA: 1301 Lafayette St. “Abstraction Process: A Personal Journey” retrospective exhibition, by Dale White, through Jan. 5. Hours: noon-4 p.m. Fridays or by appointment. For more information, call 615-9330.