Allen County Public Library plans winter book sales at Fort Wayne and county library branches
In need of books to read while staying in and keeping warm this winter? You can pick up a pile for cheap at upcoming books sales at Allen County Public Library branches.
The Winter Book Sale will offer paperbacks for 50 cents, hardbacks for $1, oversize books for $2 and media items, such as DVDs, for $3.
Books and other items in the sale will be ones that haven’t gotten a lot of checkout traffic at each branch, said Stephanny Smith, library system community engagement manager. Proceeds from the sale will go to the Friends of the Allen County Public Library, a local nonprofit group that raises money and organizes activities to support the local library system.
The branch sales won’t replace the big summer book sale the library system holds at its downtown branch, 900 Library Plaza, Smith said.
BOOK SALE DETAILS
Here are the scheduled sale dates and hours for each branch:
• Little Turtle, 2201 Sherman Blvd., noon-4 p.m.
• New Haven, 648 Green St., 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Monroeville, 115 Main St., Monroeville, 10 a.m.-noon and 1-6 p.m.
• Grabill, 13521 State St., Grabill, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Tecumseh, 1411 E. State Blvd., 10 a.m.-6 pm.
• Georgetown, 6600 E. State Blvd., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Dupont, 536 E. Dupont Road, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Waynedale, 2200 Lower Huntington Road, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Pontiac, 2215 S. Hanna St., noon-9 p.m.
• Woodburn, 4701 Indiana 101 N., Woodburn, noon-5 p.m. and 6-9 p.m.
JAN. 20 and 22
• Shawnee, 5600 Noll Ave., 10 a.m.-6 p.m. each day
• Hessen Cassel, 3030 E. Paulding Road, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Aboite, 5630 Coventry Lane, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.