Fort Wayne’s Embassy Theatre announces Festival of Trees award winners
The Embassy Theatre announced the winners today in the annual Festival of Trees fundraising event, which attracted about 22,000 people to view 58 trees during the festival’s run Nov. 22-29 at the theater and adjoining Indiana Hotel.
This year’s festival theme was “Silver Bells.”
• First Place: Ringing in 90 Years … Emboyd to Embassy, sponsored by the Embassy Board of Directors, decorated by Asher Agency
• Second Place: I’ll Have a Blue Christmas Without You, sponsored by King of Carts, decorated by Cheryl Toscos
• Third Place: Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About Christmas, sponsored by PBS39, decorated by Lisa Rysiawa
• Wells Fargo Money tree (cash) – Robin Rose, Fort Wayne
• Jefferson Pointe tree (gift certificates) – Sandy Wilfong, Huntington
• Fort Wayne TinCaps baseball tree (season tickets) – Pam Golden, Fort Wayne
• Sleeping Beauty tree (show tickets) – Jody Ross, Fort Wayne
• Broadway tree (show tickets) – Amanda Hartman, Fort Wayne
• Shopkins Live! tree (show tickets) – Melissa LaCross, Fort Wayne
• Peg Perego tree (children’s toys) – Betty Dear, Columbia City
• Fort Wayne Komets tree (game tickets) – Ed Schneider, Auburn
• Mad Ants tree (game tickets) – Amanda Fevurly, Kansas City, KS
The 2017 Tree Decorator awards were announced at the Nov. 21 sponsors’ preview night.
• First place: “Constructing Christmas,” sponsored by Shambaugh & Son and decorated by Cindy Friend Design Boutique.
• Second place: “It’s Christmas Time in the City,” sponsored by an anonymous donor and decorated by Jessica Diane Designs.
• Third place: “Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About Christmas,” PBS39, decorated by Lisa Rysiawa.
Judges were Sandra Fouty, Ivy Tech Community College Northeast; Molly McGowan, University of Saint Francis; and John O’Connell, IPFW College of Visual and Performing Arts.
The Festival of Trees is the Embassy’s largest fundraising event.