Art galleries and exhibits calendar for Dec. 14, 2017
Send your listings to Ticket!, The News-Sentinel, PO Box 102, Fort Wayne, IN 46801, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include event’s time, date, location, admission cost, reservation deadline and address, or phone number for making reservations. We need information one week in advance. Questions? Call 461-8437.
• ARTLINK: Auer Center for Arts and Culture, 300 E. Main St. “Artlink Regional Exhibition,” juried exhibition of artists from Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois and Kentucky working in various art mediums, Jan. 5-Feb. 9. Hours: noon-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and noon-4 p.m. Sunday. For more information, visit artlinkfw.com. The Art Market: Winter Edition, noon-7 p.m. Saturday, Christmas cards, home goods, stationery, ceramics and more from more than 20 artists and makers.
• CASTLE GALLERY: 1202 W. Wayne St., “Holiday Show,” through Jan. 6. Reception with artists whose work is in the show, 6-10 p.m. Friday. Hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday or by appointment, 426-6568. For more information, visit www.castlegallery.com.
• FOELLINGER-FREIMANN BOTANICAL CONSERVATORY: 1100 S. Calhoun St. “Snow Days” showcase exhibit, through Jan. 7. Outdoor terrace display of lights and synchronized holiday music. Anita Trick pastel, watercolor and oil art exhibit through December. Cost: $5 for adults, $3 ages age 3-17, and free for ages 2 and younger. For more information, call 1-260-427-6440. Santa and two reindeer greet children and pose for photos, noon-4 p.m. Saturday.
• FORT WAYNE MUSEUM OF ART: 311 E. Main St.: “David Shapiro: Seer, Actor, Knower, Doer,” featuring more than 30 works in three galleries, through Feb. 2. Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday.
• INDIANA TECH: D’Agostino Art Gallery, 1600 E. Washington Blvd. “Geoffrey Hiller: Daybreak in Myanmar,” photos documenting the people of what was called Burma and the change there since 1987, through Feb. 18. Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-noon Saturday and 4-6 p.m. Sunday.
• SCIENCE CENTRAL: 1950 N. Clinton St. “Spiders! The Art and Science of Arachnids,” through Jan. 7. Hours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesdays-Fridays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays, noon-5 p.m. Sundays. Cost: $9, ages 3 and older, free, ages 2 and younger. Information: 424-2400 or sciencecentral.org.
• THE ART FARM: 17612 N. County Line Road E., Spencerville. Holiday Pop-Up Gallery, noon-6 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday through Dec. 30. Leah Art Wear Trunk Show starting at noon Friday; and Artist Meet and Greet After Hours, 6-10 p.m. Friday.
• THE ART STUDIO HOLIDAY GALLERY: in the former Williams-Sonoma space at Jefferson Pointe shopping center, 4130 W. Jefferson Blvd. Art and creations by more than 30 local and area artists and craftspeople. Hours: 2-8 p.m. Fridays, noon-8 p.m. Saturdays and noon-5 p.m. Sundays, through Dec. 24. Live demonstrations: “Acrylic Paint Pouring,” with Beth Wheeler, noon-3 p.m. Saturday;and “Marker Drawing,” with Frank Louis Allen, 1-4 p.m. Sunday.
• THE GALLERY AT PRANA YOGA: 1301 Lafayette St. “Abstraction Process: A Personal Journey” retrospective exhibition, by Dale White, through Jan. 5. Hours: noon-4 p.m. Fridays or by appointment. For more information, call 615-9330.