Art galleries and exhibits calendar for Jan. 4, 2018
Send your listings to Ticket!, The News-Sentinel, PO Box 102, Fort Wayne, IN 46801, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include event’s time, date, location, admission cost, reservation deadline and address, or phone number for making reservations. We need information one week in advance. Questions? Call 461-8437.
• ARTLINK: Auer Center for Arts and Culture, 300 E. Main St. “Artlink Regional Exhibition,” juried exhibition of artists from Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois and Kentucky working in various art mediums, Friday through Feb. 9. Hours: noon-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and noon-4 p.m. Sunday. For more information, visit artlinkfw.com.
• CASTLE GALLERY: 1202 W. Wayne St., “Holiday Show,” through Saturday. Hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday or by appointment, 426-6568. For more information, visit www.castlegallery.com.
• FOELLINGER-FREIMANN BOTANICAL CONSERVATORY: 1100 S. Calhoun St. “Snow Days” showcase exhibit, through Sunday. Cost: $5 for adults, $3 ages age 3-17, and free for ages 2 and younger. For more information, call 1-260-427-6440.
• FORT WAYNE MUSEUM OF ART: 311 E. Main St.: “David Shapiro: Seer, Actor, Knower, Doer,” featuring more than 30 works in three galleries, through Feb. 2. Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday.
• INDIANA TECH: D’Agostino Art Gallery, 1600 E. Washington Blvd. “Geoffrey Hiller: Daybreak in Myanmar,” photos documenting the people of what was called Burma and the change there since 1987, through Feb. 18. Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-noon Saturday and 4-6 p.m. Sunday.
SCIENCE CENTRAL: 1950 N. Clinton St. “Spiders! The Art and Science of Arachnids,” through Sunday. Hours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesdays-Fridays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays, noon-5 p.m. Sundays. Cost: $9, ages 3 and older, free, ages 2 and younger. Information: 424-2400 or sciencecentral.org.
WASSENBERG ART CENTER: 214 S. Washington St. in Van Wert, Ohio, international Traveling Exhibition of the American Watercolor Society, Saturday through Jan. 28. This is the 150th anniversary of the American Watercolor Society traveling show. Hours: 1-5 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday, 1-9 p.m. Thursdays, and closed Mondays. Cost: Free. Information: 1-419-238-6837 or wassenbergartcenter.org.
THE ART STUDIO HOLIDAY GALLERY: in the former Williams-Sonoma space at Jefferson Pointe shopping center, 4130 W. Jefferson Blvd., artist reception noon-4 p.m. Saturday. Art and creations by more than 30 local and area artists and craftspeople.
• THE GALLERY AT PRANA YOGA: 1301 Lafayette St. “Abstraction Process: A Personal Journey” retrospective exhibition, by Dale White, through Friday. Hours: noon-4 p.m. Fridays or by appointment. For more information, call 615-9330.