Art galleries and exhibits calendar for Feb. 8, 2018
Send your listings to Ticket!, The News-Sentinel, PO Box 102, Fort Wayne, IN 46801, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include event’s time, date, location, admission cost, reservation deadline and address, or phone number for making reservations. We need information one week in advance. Questions? Call 461-8437.
ALLEN COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY: 900 Library Plaza. “The Art of Fort Wayne,” works inspired by the city, in the Jeffrey R. Krull Gallery through Feb. 25. Hours: 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and noon-5 p.m. Sundays. Free admission.
• ARTLINK: Auer Center for Arts and Culture, 300 E. Main St. “Artlink Regional Exhibition,” juried exhibition of artists from Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois and Kentucky working in various art mediums, through Friday. “IN LOVE/THIS BODY,” Mel Sealy of Columbus, Ohio, and C.A. Neal of Chicago became artists-in-residence at Artlink and created a narrative exhibition of illustrations and comics documenting the everyday lives of the LGBTQ community in Fort Wayne, Feb. 16-March 23, with opening reception 5-8 p.m. Feb. 16. “Text(ure),” by multidisciplinary artist Audrey Mills of Kalamazoo, Mich., explores language as a tool to catch and materialize the black body, Feb. 16-March 23, with opening reception 5-8 p.m. Feb. 16. Artlink hours: noon-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and noon-4 p.m. Sunday.
• CASTLE GALLERY: 1202 W. Wayne St., “Valentine’s Invitational,” local and regional artists. Reception 6-10 p.m. Saturday. Hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday or by appointment, 426-6568. For more information, visit www.castlegallery.com.
• FOELLINGER-FREIMANN BOTANICAL CONSERVATORY: 1100 S. Calhoun St. “Fairy Tales” showcase exhibit, through April 8. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays, but until 8 p.m. Thursdays; and noon-4 p.m. Sundays. Cost: $5 for adults, $3 ages 3-17, and free for ages 2 and younger. For more information, call 1-260-427-6440. Sweetheart Orchid Display, now through Feb. 25 during regular hours. Once Upon a Clock Workshop, 12:30-3 p.m. Saturday, make a clock from recycled wood pallets and a clock mechanism and decorate it, for ages 15 and older; $26 per person or $22 for conservatory members, register by Feb. 1 at 1-260-427-6000 or go to www.fortwayneparks.org and refer to code 127057-A.
• FORT WAYNE MUSEUM OF ART: 311 E. Main St.: “Steven Sorman: Is Was Will Be,” paintings and prints now through May 27. “2018 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards,” exhibiting the best art and writing entries from area students in grades 7-12, Saturday through April 8. Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday.
• INDIANA TECH: D’Agostino Art Gallery, 1600 E. Washington Blvd. “Geoffrey Hiller: Daybreak in Myanmar,” photos documenting the people of what was called Burma and the change there since 1987, through Feb. 18. Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-noon Saturday and 4-6 p.m. Sunday.
• THE ORCHARD GALLERY OF FINE ART: 6312-A Covington Road, “Big Sky Paintings by David Webb & Valentine Hearts by Many Artists,” now through Feb. 28. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Free admission. Information: 1-260-436-0927 or www.theorchardgallery.com.
• WEATHERHEAD GALLERY, at the Mimi and Ian Rolland Art and Visual Communication Center on Leesburg Road at the University of Saint Francis, “Mythology of History: Works by Adam Mysock and Ivan Fortushniak,” through Feb. 21. Local artist and educator Don Kruse will have works displayed in the Goldfish Gallery. Regular hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays and 1-5 p.m. Sundays. Mysock will present a free public lecture at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21 in the North Campus Auditorium, 2702 Spring St.