Arts and exhibits calendar for Feb. 15, 2018
Send your listings to Ticket!, The News-Sentinel, PO Box 102, Fort Wayne, IN 46801, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Include event’s time, date, location, admission cost, reservation deadline and address, or phone number for making reservations. We need information one week in advance. Questions? Call 461-8437.
ALLEN COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY: 900 Library Plaza. “The Art of Fort Wayne,” works inspired by the city, in the Jeffrey R. Krull Gallery through Feb. 25. Hours: 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and noon-5 p.m. Sundays. Free admission.
• ARTLINK: Auer Center for Arts and Culture, 300 E. Main St. “IN LOVE/THIS BODY,” Mel Sealy of Columbus, Ohio, and C.A. Neal of Chicago became artists-in-residence at Artlink and created a narrative exhibition of illustrations and comics documenting the everyday lives of the LGBTQ community in Fort Wayne, Friday through March 23, with opening reception 5-8 p.m. Friday. “Text(ure),” by multidisciplinary artist Audrey Mills of Kalamazoo, Mich., explores language as a tool to catch and materialize the black body, Friday through March 23, with opening reception 5-8 p.m. Friday. Artlink hours: noon-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and noon-4 p.m. Sunday.
• CASTLE GALLERY: 1202 W. Wayne St., “Valentine’s Invitational,” local and regional artists, through March 3. Hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday or by appointment, 426-6568. For more information, visit www.castlegallery.com.
• FOELLINGER-FREIMANN BOTANICAL CONSERVATORY: 1100 S. Calhoun St. “Fairy Tales” showcase exhibit, through April 8. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays, but until 8 p.m. Thursdays; and noon-4 p.m. Sundays. Cost: $5 for adults, $3 ages 3-17, and free for ages 2 and younger. For more information, call 1-260-427-6440. Sweetheart Orchid Display, now through Feb. 25 during regular hours.
• FORT WAYNE MUSEUM OF ART: 311 E. Main St.: “Steven Sorman: Is Was Will Be,” paintings and prints now through May 27. “2018 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards,” exhibiting the best art and writing entries from area students in grades 7-12, Saturday through April 8. Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday.
• INDIANA TECH: D’Agostino Art Gallery, 1600 E. Washington Blvd. “Geoffrey Hiller: Daybreak in Myanmar,” photos documenting the people of what was called Burma and the change there since 1987, through Sunday. Hours: 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-noon Saturday and 4-6 p.m. Sunday.
• THE ORCHARD GALLERY OF FINE ART: 6312-A Covington Road, “Big Sky Paintings by David Webb & Valentine Hearts by Many Artists,” now through Feb. 28. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Free admission. Information: 1-260-436-0927 or www.theorchardgallery.com.
• WEATHERHEAD GALLERY, at the Mimi and Ian Rolland Art and Visual Communication Center on Leesburg Road at the University of Saint Francis, “Mythology of History: Works by Adam Mysock and Ivan Fortushniak,” through Wednesday. Local artist and educator Don Kruse will have works displayed in the Goldfish Gallery. Regular hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays and 1-5 p.m. Sundays. Mysock will present a free public lecture at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 21 in the North Campus Auditorium, 2702 Spring St.