Art galleries and exhibits calendar for Feb. 22, 2018
Send your listings to Ticket!, The News-Sentinel, PO Box 102, Fort Wayne, IN 46801, or email email@example.com. Include event’s time, date, location, admission cost, reservation deadline and address, or phone number for making reservations. We need information one week in advance. Questions? Call 461-8437.
ALLEN COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY: 900 Library Plaza. “The Art of Fort Wayne,” works inspired by the city, in the Jeffrey R. Krull Gallery through Sunday. Hours: 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and noon-5 p.m. Sundays. Free admission.
• ARTLINK: Auer Center for Arts and Culture, 300 E. Main St. “IN LOVE/THIS BODY,” Mel Sealy of Columbus, Ohio, and C.A. Neal of Chicago became artists-in-residence at Artlink and created a narrative exhibition of illustrations and comics documenting the everyday lives of the LGBTQ community in Fort Wayne, through March 23. “Text(ure),” by multidisciplinary artist Audrey Mills of Kalamazoo, Mich., explores language as a tool to catch and materialize the black body, through March 23. Artlink hours: noon-7 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and noon-4 p.m. Sunday.
• CASTLE GALLERY: 1202 W. Wayne St., “Valentine’s Invitational,” local and regional artists, through March 3. Hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday or by appointment, 426-6568. For more information, visit www.castlegallery.com.
• FOELLINGER-FREIMANN BOTANICAL CONSERVATORY: 1100 S. Calhoun St. “Fairy Tales” showcase exhibit, through April 8. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays, but until 8 p.m. Thursdays; and noon-4 p.m. Sundays. Cost: $5 for adults, $3 ages 3-17, and free for ages 2 and younger. For more information, call 1-260-427-6440. Sweetheart Orchid Display, through Sunday during regular hours.
• FORT WAYNE MUSEUM OF ART: 311 E. Main St.: “Steven Sorman: Is Was Will Be,” paintings and prints, through May 27. “2018 Scholastic Art and Writing Awards,” exhibiting the best art and writing entries from area students in grades 7-12, through April 8. Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday and noon-5 p.m. Sunday.
• IPFW DEPARTMENT OF FINE ARTS, Visual Arts Gallery, IPFW, 2101 Coliseum Blvd. E. “Fine Arts Faculty Exhibition,” featuring works by fine arts faculty members, today through March 23. Artist Exhibition Reception 5-7 p.m. today in the Visual Arts Gallery. Gallery hours are 8 a.m.-9 p.m. weekdays and 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays. Free admission.
• THE ORCHARD GALLERY OF FINE ART: 6312-A Covington Road, “Big Sky Paintings by David Webb & Valentine Hearts by Many Artists,” through Wednesday. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Free admission. Information: 1-260-436-0927 or www.theorchardgallery.com.
• WEATHERHEAD GALLERY, at the Mimi and Ian Rolland Art and Visual Communication Center on Leesburg Road at the University of Saint Francis, “School of Creative Arts (SOCA) Student Exhibition, featuring art, dance, music and performance-based works by SOCA students, Saturday through May 2. Opening reception 5-7 p.m. Saturday, followed by an awards ceremony at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the USF Robert Goldstine Performing Arts Center, 431 W. Berry St. Regular hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturdays and 1-5 p.m. Sundays. Free admission.