Fort Wayne Parks pools will close soon for the season
Young people are getting ready to return to college and high school, and that means Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation Department pools also will close soon for the summer.
McMillen Pool in McMillen Park will close for the season at 7 p.m. Friday and Memorial Pool in Memorial Park will close at 5 p.m. Sunday, a parks department news release said.
Northside Pool will remain open daily until closing for the season at 5 p.m. Aug. 11, the news release said.
Splash pads in city parks will remain open until late September or early October, the news release said. Splash pad hours are 9 a.m.-9 p.m., unless noted otherwise.
Splash pad locations are:
* Franklin School Park, 1903 Saint Marys Ave.
* Buckner Park, 6114 Bass Road
* McCormick Park, 2300 Raymond and Holly avenues
* Memorial Park, 2301 Maumee Avenue
* Robert E. Meyers Park, inside the north gate of Parkview Field, off Jefferson Boulevard at Webster Street. Open 9 a.m.-11 p.m. on days without scheduled events.
* Shoaff Park, 6401 St. Joe Road
* Kreager Park (Taylor’s Dream boundless playground), 7225 N. River Road
Waynedale Park, 2900 Koons and Elzey streets
For more information about parks, go to the Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation Department website.