ON TAP THIS WEEKEND: August 3-5
You’ve worked hard all week. As a reward, get out and enjoy some of these events around town from CurrentFortWayne.com:
Let’s Fest 2: Comedy Festival — Through Sunday
• Various Locations: Let’s Fest returns with a can’t-miss comedy lineup. Catch comedians from Comedy Central, NPR’s “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me” and your favorite podcasts, plus live music and more. Info: letsfestfw.com.
Botanical Roots Concert Series — Tonight
• Foellinger Freimann Botanical Conservatory: Head to the Botanical Conservatory, 11 S. Calhoun St., and enjoy live music in the outdoor Terrace Garden. Dance the night away to blues tunes from nationally-tourist artist Governor Davis. Dancing starts at 8:30 p.m.
Who’s Bad: The Ultimate Michael Jackson Experience — Saturday
• The Clyde Theatre: Celebrate the “King of Pop,” Michael Jackson, when Who’s Bad comes to the Clyde, 1808 Bluffton Road, at 8 p.m. See the longest-running Michael Jackson tribute band.
Newsies — Through Aug. 12
• Fort Wayne Civic Theatre: A charismatic newsboy leads a ragtag gang of “newsies” who dream of a life far from the hardship of the streets. Showtimes are 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the Arts United Center, 303 E. Main St.
International Glass Invitational Award Winners — Through September 23
• Fort Wayne Museum of Art: Explore the oldest and largest annual contemporary glass show at the museum, 311 E. Main St. Discover incredible pieces from the best studio glass artists.
These are just a few events going on this week. For a complete community calendar of events visit currentfortwayne.com