* Barrett McNagny LLP announces its listing in Indiana Super Lawyers for 2017. The following attorneys were selected for inclusion in their respective practice areas: Kevin K. Fitzharris, civil litigation: defense; Thomas A. Herr, business litigation; Benjamin D. Ice, medical malpractice defense; Robert T. Keen, Jr. , business litigation; Thomas M. Kimbrough, employment and labor; James Koday, estate planning and probate; Patrick G. Murphy, business litigation; William A. Ramsey, business litigation; Cathleen M. Shrader, business litigation; Anthony M. Stites, employment and labor; and Thomas P. Yoder, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights. Mark H. Bains, business litigation and Rachel K. Steinhofer, medical malpractice defense were selected for inclusion as 2017 Indiana Rising Stars.
* Sweetwater Sound, Inc. recently hired the following new employees. Eleven of the 16 moved to Fort Wayne from out-of-state. Executive administrative assistant: Suzanne Truchon. Sales Engineer: Marcus Mullins, Kris Eckman, Keith Klikas, Mickey Cushing, Jacob Stutzman, JozyFranco, Ryan Lehnertz, Donald Belleville, Cassie O’Hanlan, Colin Ingalls, and Bryan Chadwell. Studio assistant: Bobby Dellarocco. Commercial photographer: Chad Jenkins. Support technician: Jaymie Banti. Guitar technician: Codie Priester.
* Rothberg Logan & Warsco announces that Mark W. Baeverstad, PI medical malpractice: defense; F. L. Dennis Logan, business/corporate; Edward L. Murphy Jr., PI medical malpractice: defense; Jason A Scheele, PI general: defense; Theodore T. Storer, general litigation; Susan E. Trent, bankruptcy: business; Mark A. Warsco, bankruptcy: business, and Cindy A Wolfer, estate and probate were selected for inclusion on the 2017 Indiana Super Lawyers list. Jared C. Helge, creditor/debtor rights; Andrew L. Palmison, civil litigation: defense; and Dustin J. Tirpak, PI medical malpractice: defense, were selected for inclusion on the 2017 Indiana Rising Stars list for attorneys age 40 and younger. In addition, Jared C. Helge, partner was recently awarded the AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
* Excelis, McLean, Virginia, has been assigned a patent developed by Richard David Forkert for “cloud resilient algorithm for coastline registration.”
* The Indiana State Police Post in Fort Wayne recently welcomed the following troopers who have transferred in from two other northern posts: Trooper Carmyn J. Hamblen, native of Angola, assigned to patrol duties in DeKalb and Steuben counties; Trooper Benjamin D. Kirk, nine year veteran, native of Fort Wayne, assigned to patrol duties in both DeKalb and Steuben counties and will also serve as a field training officer and background investigator; and Trooper Richard K. Williams has been assigned to Noble and LaGrange counties.
* Northeast Indiana Works has named chief operating officer Edmond C. O’Neal, president of the nonprofit workforce development organization. Kathleen Randolph will remain the organizations chief executive officer.
* Amani Family Services has appointed four new members to its board, as well as the recently elected executive officers. New members: Zamir Borbiev, Three Rivers Federal Credit Union; Assem Nasr, IPFW; Melissa Rinehart, Kealeidoscope Diversity Solutions; and Cicely Ware, Do it Best Corp. Officers: President, Thomas Trent, Rothberg Logan & Warsco; vice president, Joe Doust, Lebamoff Enterprises; secretary, Angie Reeves, Steel Dynamics; and treasurer, Doug Worthington, independent accounting professional. Returning members: Tina Bennett, Hallmark Home Mortgage; Son Huynh, Century 21 Bradley Realty; Jane DeHaven, Summit City Chevrolet; and Mary Tyndall, City of Fort Wayne.
* Hayes and Hayes Lawyers announces that Neil Hayes has been selected for the fourteenth successive year as an Indiana Super Lawyer, family law.
* UPS Indianapolis driver Stephen Christie, Fort Wayne, has been inducted to the Circle of Honor for having achieved 25 or more years of accident-free driving.
* SMed-TA/TD, Columbia City, has been assigned a patent developed by four coinventors for drug delivery implants. The local coinventors are Paul S. Nebosky, Sara L. Zimmerman and Gregory C. Stalcup.
* Encore Medical, of Austin, Texas, has been assigned a patent developed by two coinventors for elbow prosthesis. The local coinventor is Nicholas J. Katrana.
* Waterfurnace International has been assigned a patent developed by three coinventors for “conduit module coupled with heating or cooling module.” The coinventors are Charles P. Medlock and Christopher P. Medlock, both of Goshen, and Johnathan A. Brock, Syracuse.
* Beers Mallers Backs & Salin LLP certified elder law attorney Stephen W. Adair has been selected as a 2017 Super Lawyer for Elder Law. A partner with the firm, Adair has practiced law for 50 years and focuses his practice on asset preservation planning, estate planning, estate administration, and elder law issues. <br>
<i> Send news of new employees, promotions and honors on the employer’s company letterhead, to Business Monday, The News-Sentinel, Box 102, Fort Wayne, IN 46801. Only original photographs are acceptable. Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want photos returned. Items may be emailed with photos as a separate attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. News items without photos may be faxed to 461-8817. </i>