TV Diary quiz: David Spade
When a lonesome loser searches the country for the parents he lost during a trip to the Grand Canyon, a DJ and his audience become captivated by his misadventures in the 2001 film “Joe Dirt,” which airs at 8 p.m. today on CMT.
Davis Spade stars in the title role, and here is a quiz about his career.
1. He played one of five individuals who gather 30 years later at the funeral of their high school basketball coach in which 2010 film?
2. He played Russell Dunbar on which 2007-13 comedy about couples and singles trying to muddle their way through their relationships?
3. He played a former child star who hires a foster family to recreate the childhood he never had in which 2003 film?
4. He played a man who dognaps his neighbor’s dog to get in good with her in which 1999 film?
5. He played wise-guy secretary Dennis Finch on which 1997-2003 TV series about a hot-tempered journalist assigned to work at her father’s fashion magazine?
6. He was one of a trio trying to make up for lost childhood opportunities by forming a team and playing against kids in which 2006 film?
Answers: 1. “Grown Ups.” 2. “Rules of Engagement.” 3. “Dickie Roberts: Former Child Star.” 4. “Lost & Found.” 5. “Just Shoot Me!” 6. “The Benchwarmers.”