Police investigate latest ‘critical’ shooting Police: Man said he was shot in the 2500 block of Kenwood Avenue.

A man who showed up at Parkview Hospital on Tuesday afternoon said he had been shot on Kenwood Avenue, according to Fort Wayne Police.

At around 6:19 p.m., police responded to Parkview, 2200 Randallia Drive, to a shooting investigation. The hospital staff told dispatch that a shooting victim had just arrived at their emergency room, according to police spokesman Officer Jason Anthony. The man was alert and conscious when he arrived at the hospital. He told the staff that he had been shot in the 2500 block of Kenwood, according to Anthony. A physician determined the victim was is critical condition and he was immediately transferred to another local hospital for medical treatment.

Officers responded to the 2500 block of Kenwood and found evidence that the shooting had occurred there, according to Anthony. Detectives interviewed possible witnesses in the neighborhood who were outside at the time of the shooting. The person who drove the victim to the hospital, about 3 minutes by vehicle from the crime scene, was cooperative and interviewed by detectives. Detectives hope to gather more details about the shooting once they are able to interview the victim, according to Anthony. Police have no suspect information yet.

The shooting remains under investigation by police and the Allen County prosecutor’s office. It comes a day after another man was hospitalized in critical condition after he was shot in the 2300 block of East Pontiac Street. Several callers reported the victim was yelling for help at around 4:35 p.m. Monday. However, he refused to answer officers’ questions and give details about the shooting, Anthony reported earlier.

Another man shot Monday in a separate incident was upgraded from critical to stable condition while at a local hospital. That shooting occurred at 10:38 p.m. in the 9600 block of St Joe Center Road, according to police. Police believe a disturbance caused a woman to shoot the man, but detectives were investigating what happened and were questioning the woman Monday night.