* Sweetwater Sound Inc. has hired the following new employees: Keyboard artist and content specialist: Erskine Hawkins. Senior vice president of intellectual property and technology: Mike Williams. Sales Engineer: Nick Graham, Hannahlynn Dalton, Mason Boisvert, Gage Massey, Tommy Patzius,Jason Martins, Justin Aponte, Kyle Minnick, and Khaleed Matmati. Sales assistant: Patricio Navarro, Dylan Hodges and Mandy Jump. Accounts payable specialist: Angela Poulson. Tech support specialist: Skylar Willis. MIS specialist: Chad Wiedemann. Web programmer: Michael Shelton; and Graphic designer: Cory Walters.
* Pekin Insurance announces that Myers and Hayden Insurance, Inc. has received an Underwriter of Merit Award. The agency is family-owned by Jillian Myers and Don Hayden.
* Biomet 3i, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., has been assigned a patent developed by four co-inventors for a “dental system for developing custom protheses through scanning of coded members. The local co-inventor is Ross W. Towse.
* Encore Medical, Austin, Texas, has been assigned a patent developed by four co-inventors for an elbow prothesis. The local co-inventors are Nicholas J. Katrana, Nathan A. Winslow and Brian K. Berelsman, both of Warsaw.
* PNC Bank has appointed Corinna Ladd as regional president for northern Indiana. She will succeed northern Indiana regional president Doug Wood, who transitioned from PNC earlier this year. Northeast ISBDC client Doris Myers-Hornbogen has expanded her creative offerings to include lifelike baby dolls. Her new business name will be Doris Moyers-H Studio.
* Keith A. Wilson, certified GM Master Technician has opened Wilson’s Automotive and Diesel Repair at 827 W. Cherry St., Bluffton.
* Heather Wyss and Chrys Kimpel recently opened Wood & Limn at 519 Broadway St., New Haven. The make-and-take art studio will focus on handcrafted wooden signs. For more information, visit www.woodandlimn.com or call 260-466-5897.
* Entrepreneurs Marc Ulbrich and Irene Ulbrich have opened Calo Cafe at 113 W. Maumee St., Angola. The Ulbrichs are clients of the Northeast Indiana Small Business Development Center. <br>
<i> Send news of new employees, promotions and honors on the employer’s company letterhead, to Business Monday, The News-Sentinel, Box 102, Fort Wayne, IN 46801. Only original photographs are acceptable. Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want photos returned. Items may be emailed with photos as a separate attachment to email@example.com. News items without photos may be faxed to 461-8817. </i>