Winter coats needed for adults attending upcoming Fort Wayne health fair
Organizers of the upcoming Fort Wayne Healthy Cities Health Fair are asking for the public’s help to provide coats and other cold-weather clothing to adults in need who attend the event.
The annual health fair will take place 8 a.m.-noon Oct. 27 at Matthew 25 Health and Dental Clinic, 413 E. Jefferson Blvd.
The event organizing committee hopes to collect more than 400 new and gently used adult coats for distribution to people at the fair, an news release said. Sizes needed are small to 5XL. They are asking people to hold collection drives in their offices, schools, churches and community organizations.
Donated coats should be clean, with working zippers and fasteners, the news release said. They also are asking for donations of socks, scarves, hats, gloves and mittens, especially from knitting and crocheting groups.
Coat and and outerwear donations can be dropped off now through Oct. 20 at the following locations:
* Wayne Township Trustee’s office, 320 E. Superior St.
* Matthew 25 Health and Dental Clinic, 413 E. Jefferson Blvd.
* Allen County Public Library, Main Branch, 900 Library Plaza
* Breast Diagnostic Center North or P.E.T. Fusion Imaging, both at 3707 New Vision Drive
* University of Saint Francis, Student Nurses Association, 2701 Spring St., in Room 148 of the Doermer Health Sciences Building.
* Fort Wayne Walmart Supercenter, 5311 Coldwater Road
Donations of 10 or more coats can be picked up from your site. For information or pickup, contact Joy Olry at 469-4743 or email email@example.com.