Application begins Monday for Christmas assistance through Salvation Army and Toys for Tots
The Salvation Army and Toys for Tots will take applications for their Christmas assistance programs Monday through Friday at the Salvation Army office, 2901 N. Clinton St. All families seeking assistance must apply this week.
The applications this week include the Toys for Tots, Angel Tree, Food Vouchers and Adopt-A-Family programs, a news release said.
Applications will be taken 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. daily next week, the news release said. Unlike past years, people can come on any day and don’t have to wait for a specific day assigned by the first letter of their last name.
People who need the help of a translator must bring their own translator. If more than one family is requesting help in the same household, they must apply together.
Here are other requirements:
* Head of household or applicant must have a photo ID.
* Bring Social Security Number or ITIN Card for all members of the household.
* Birth certificates for all children younger than age 18, plus custody papers for an child if you are not his or her birth parent.
* Proof of income for the entire household.
* Proof of child support, if it is being received.
* Proof of any government assistance received by anyone in the house.
* Proof of expenses for everyone in the house.
* Clothing sizes for all children ages newborn to 14.
Missing documents will result in denial of an application interview.
For questions regarding required documentation, call the Salvation Army at 744-2311 or go to www.safortwayne.org.