Fort Wayne-area high-water roads update
As of 1:20 p.m., the Allen County Highway Department reports the following roads affected by high water due to heavy rain:
· Portola Avenue from Prize Street to South River Road (new)
· Amber Road from Branning Road to Redding Road (new)
· Yohne Road at Smith Road (new)
· South River Road from Madge Avenue to Prize Street
· Maples Road from Fackler Road to Wilson Road
· Wilson Road from Hoffman Road to Maples Road
· Maples Road from Grotrian Road to the intersection
· Minnich Road from Maples Road to Tillman Road
· Bryie Road from Indiana 205 to Wesley Chapel Road
· Parrott Road from Hartzell Road to Maplecrest Road
· Ellison Road from Branstrator Road to Liberty Mills Road
· Paulding Road from Morgan Road to State Line Road
· Grissamer Road from Wesley Chapel Road to U.S. 33
· Griffin Road from Auburn Road to Hollopeter Road
· Cook Road from Butt Road to Felger Road
· Fogel Road from County Line Road to McComb Road
Motorists should continue to drive with caution and not attempt to drive through areas of high water.
The Allen County Highway Department also is offering sand for residents who want to fill sandbags to protect their property from high water. Sand will be available until further notice inside the salt storage units at the highway department’s south facility at 8317 East Tillman Road.
Sandbags are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Bring your own shovel.