Chocolate bark is sweet, simple for Valentine’s Day
Looking for an easy way to impress this Valentine’s Day?
Consider a simple – but still sensational – chocolate bark. <br>
<center> Valentine’s Day bark </center><br>
Start to finish: 20 minutes
1 pound dark, milk or white chocolate <br>
Start by lining a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper.
Have all your bark toppings ready before melting the chocolate.
If your chocolate is in bars or large, thick pieces, use a knife to carefully chop it up into small bits.
Transfer the chocolate to a large glass measuring cup or bowl, then heat in the microwave on medium, stopping to stir every 20 to 30 seconds, until completely melted.
Pour the chocolate onto the prepared pan, then tap the pan on the counter to level the melted chocolate.
Immediately sprinkle your choice of toppings over the surface of the chocolate.
Allow to cool completely and set up, then break into pieces.
<br><center> Topping suggestions: </center><br>
* Large-flake coconut, toasted sliced almonds, cocoa nibs
* Chopped dried cherries, shelled pistachios, chopped chocolate wafer cookies, large flake sea salt
* Honey roasted peanuts, chopped extra-crispy cooked bacon, ground black pepper
* Crushed toffee pieces, toasted pumpkin seeds, chopped dried apricots
* Chopped candied ginger, chopped macadamia nuts, toasted coconut
* Broken salted pretzel sticks, cut up mini marshmallows, caramel popcorn