Foellinger Theatre announces summer concert schedule
The Foellinger Theatre’s 2019 Summer Concert Series lineup features such names as Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Collective Soul and Loverboy.
“The Fort Wayne Parks & Recreation Department continues to provide our residents and visitors with excellent entertainment offerings,” Mayor Tom Henry said of the acts announced Wednesday. “We’re committed to doing all we can to be a point of destination city with unique quality of life amenities. Venues like the Foellinger Theatre enhance our community.”
Dates for the following concerts were announced:
• Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels w/Duke Tumatoe & the Power Trio – Friday, June 7
• Collective Soul – Friday, July 12
• Joan Jett and the Blackhearts – Friday, July 19
• Loverboy – Saturday, July 27
• Hotel California: A Salute to the Eagles – Friday, June 14
• Gabriel Sanchez presents the Prince Experience – Saturday, July 6
• Leonid & Friends: a tribute to the band Chicago – Thursday, July 11
• Just Imagine (The John Lennon Experience) Starring Tim Piper – Saturday, July 13
• Stayin’ Alive: The World’s Best Tribute to the Bee Gees – Saturday, July 20
• Rumours – A Fleetwood Mac Experience – Saturday, August 3
• Billy the Kid – The Definitive Billy Joel Tribute – Saturday, August 10.
Ticket sale dates for the 2019 Summer Concert Series and additional details will be available at FortWayneParks.org and FoellingerTheatre.org.
Tickets are currently available for Kansas on May 11, Dwight Yoakam on May 25, Boz Scaggs on June 19, and Weird Al Yankovic on July 2. Links to these concerts are also on FoellingerTheatre.org.
A new free addition to the lineup is the Clan Tynker Family Circus, a troupe of brothers and sisters who perform an array of talents in a fanciful “Vaudeville” style of Circus. Their all-ages show presents entertainment from “around the world” set to a live musical soundscape. Clan Tynker will take the Foellinger stage on Saturday, June 29, for two free performances, with a full afternoon of free kids’ activities.
Several free general admission concerts will be held at Foellinger Theatre this season as well, including the Fort Wayne Youth Symphony and Concert Orchestra, the Fort Wayne Area Community Band, the Fort Wayne Children’s Choir and the New Millennium Jazz Orchestra.
“It’s very exciting to be able to bring some new performers like Collective Soul and Clan Tynker to the Foellinger Theatre this year,” said Parks Director Steve McDaniel stated. “We invite everyone to join us at the Foellinger all summer long.”
The 2019 Foellinger Theatre Summer Concert Series is made possible by Old National, Classic Hits 101.7 WLDE, Majic 95.1 WAJI, ALT 99.5, 104.3 Good Time Oldies, ABC21, Fort Wayne’s NBC and Hilton Fort Wayne. For more information about each concert, please visit www.foellingertheatre.org.