Science Central to host ‘Special Abilities Day’ June 23
Science Central will host its next AWS Foundation Special Abilities Day on Sunday, June 23.
Through the support of the AWS Foundation, the program is free with pre-registration to members of the community with special abilities and their families. The event will be from noon to 5 p.m., and will be open to the general public.
In order to be inclusive of everyone in our community, Science Central makes the following modifications to exhibits and programming on Special Abilities Days:
• Lower ambient sound levels
• Increased light in areas that are usually dark
• Access to listening devices
• Less crowded environment
• Extra staff on hand
• Additional demonstrations with extra tactile stimulation
• Access to a private changing table
• Access to a quiet room
For more information about AWS Foundation Special Abilities Days, or to register, visit sciencecentral.org