* IPFW announces that the Anna Yoder MS Fund, created by the IU School of Medicine-Fort Wayne, has appointed Jennifer Boen as director.
* Ruoff Home Mortgage top loan originators for September are Colleen Petras, companywide and Dupont office, and Larry Dickey Jr., Southwest office. Petras has been with the company since 2008 and has received the top loan originator award for the past two months. Dickey has been the top loan originator for the southwest branch for the past six months.
* Indiana Bankers Association has elected David W. Heeter, chief executive officer and director of Mutual Bank, Muncie, chairman of the board for 2014.
* CANI (Community Action of Northeast Indiana) has added Damelis Naranjo, community services; Sethe Dierkes, Destiny Harter, Kalayah Prince, Ankwanesha Lanier and Tracey Mitchell, Head Start, to the staff.
* Beers Mallers Backs & Salin, LLP, welcomes Micah J. Nichols as an associate. He graduated summa cum laude majoring in history with a minor in political science and Chinese studies from DePaul University and earned his juris doctorate from Indiana University Maurer School of Law. He is a member of the firm’s civil litigation group with a special emphasis in family law.
* Mayor Tom Henry has named Karl Bandemer deputy mayor for the city of Fort Wayne. He has nearly 40 years’ experience in local government and business. He earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from Drake University and a master’s degree in urban planning from Wayne State University.
* Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer has named Bryan Schneider, MD, the Vera Bradley Investigator in Oncology. He is an associate professor of medicine and of medical and molecular genetics at the IU School of Medicine, a researcher at the IU Simon Cancer Center and associate director of the Indiana Institute for Personalized Medicine.
* G.S.B. Financial Corp, parent company of the Garrett State Bank, has appointed William (Bill) Yoder to its boards of both the holding company and the bank.
* YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne welcomes Marie Clifford as marketing and communications specialist at the metropolitan office. She graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor of arts in public relations from Ball State University. Her responsibilities will include the design and production of all marketing material to support community understanding of the depth and breadth of services available through the YMCA.
* Byron Health Center has hired Chey Michel, supervisor, linen and environmental services; Licensed Practical Nurses: Paul Kessler and Kim Schall; and Certified Nursing Assistants: Nichole Newman , Melody Ruse, David Bruk, Janice Davis, Tonja Hamilton, Erica Jones and Legeona (Gina) Kessler.
* STAR Financial Bank President and Chief Executive Officer James C. Marcuccilli and chairman of the board of the Indiana Bankers Association has been named a Sagamore of the Wabash by Gov. Mike Pence.
* Becker’s Hospital Review has recognized Sue Ehinger, president of Parkview Hospital and affiliates, on its list of “130 Women Hospital and Health System Leaders to Know.”
* McMahon’s Best-One Tire & Auto Care welcomes Nikki Jasperson as director of retail development. She will concentrate outside sales, as well as coordinate special events, promotions and marketing efforts.
* NAI Harding Dahm has added Robert F. Rupp Jr. as managing director of property management and Dawn Thompson as property management/accounting associate to its commercial real estate team.
* Ultimate Fitness Edge has opened at 1724 W. Wallen Road. It is owned by Elena Soto, a Fort Wayne native. More information can be found at www.UltimateFitnessEdge.org.
* City of Fort Wayne attorney Carol Helton and Nan McAfee risk management director and ADA coordinator recently were guest panelists at the 2013 IACT Annual Conference and Exhibition held in Indianapolis.
* RJE Business Interiors has appointed Molly O’Connor NCIDQ, RID, as sales general manager. She is a Fort Wayne native and certified interior designer. She has more than 20 years of experience and was instrumental in founding the International Facility Management Association and International Interior Design Association Fort Wayne chapters. Pamela Gamble NCIDQ, EDAC, IIDA, has been appointed interior designer and account executive. She is a certified interior designer with more than seven years of experience in the commercial furniture industry, including two years of experience teaching interior design at IPFW.
* Barrett & McNagny, LLP partner Thomas P. Yoder has been selected for inclusion in the 2014 edition of Best Lawyers in America as the Best Lawyers’ 2014 Fort Wayne-bankruptcy and creditors rights/insolvency and reorganization law “Lawyer of the Year.”
<br><i> Send news of new employees, promotions and honors on the employer’s company letterhead, to Business Monday, The News-Sentinel, Box 102, Fort Wayne, IN 46801. Only original photographs are acceptable. Enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you want photos returned. Items may be emailed with photos as a separate attachment to business@news-sentinel .com. News items without photos may be faxed to 461-8817. </i>