UPDATED: Beginning tonight, your votes determine Fort Wayne’s Addison Agen’s future on ‘The Voice’
Now it’s your turn.
Until now, Addison Agen’s success on “The Voice” has depended on the Fort Wayne native’s amazing vocal talent and the opinion of her celebrity coach.
Beginning tonight with the live-broadcast portion of the competition, how long the 16-year-old Indie-folk artist stays on the show — and whether she has a chance to win it — depends on viewers’ votes. And there are so many ways to vote.
Last week, which was the last of the pre-recorded “The Voice” episodes, Addison sang a gripping and emotional rendition of Bonnie Raitt’s song, “Angel from Montgomery.” The performance brought all four celebrity coaches and the crowd to their feet.
Her coach, Adam Levine, picked the Concordia Lutheran High School junior first among the three Team Adam contestants he advanced to the Top 12 finalists competing on the live shows. The other celebrity coaches – Miley Cyrus, Jennifer Hudson and Blake Shelton – each also picked three members of their teams to compete in the live-show finals.
During “The Voice” from 8 to 10 p.m. tonight on Fort Wayne’s NBC, Channel 21.2, the 12 finalists each will perform. They will learn the results of viewer voting during a show at 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Ten performers will be named safe from elimination this week. The bottom two artists in the voting will have to compete for an Instant Save from viewers using Twitter at the end of the show. The loser goes home.
The show will follow a similar process each week until one vocalist is named “The Voice” winner during the show finale Dec. 19.
There are several ways you can vote for Addison or your favorite competitor. You must be age 13 or older and live in the United States or Puerto Rico to vote.
For tonight’s “The Voice” show, supporters have scheduled Addison viewing parties where you also can get help with voting:
• Come2Go Ministries, 323 W. Baker St.: Doors open at 7:30 p.m. People can get help with the voting process during commercial breaks in the show.
• Tecumseh branch of the Allen County Public Library, 1411 E. State Blvd.: The event begins at 8 p.m. in the library’s meeting room. Library staff will be there to help people vote for Addison or other performers and will have laptops set up and dedicated just to “The Voice” voting. You will need an email address or Facebook account to vote, so librarians can help you set up either one, said Deb Noggle, branch manager.
The Tecumseh branch is the Addison’s family’s neighborhood library branch, Noggle said. Addison has been coming there for years, and the branch has held Addison viewing parties to support her all through this season of “The Voice” and will continue through the finale, Noggle added.
• Calhoun Street Soups, Salads & Spirits (CS3), 1915 S. Calhoun St. Doors to the back room open at 7 p.m. People likely also can get help with voting if they need it.
DO IT YOURSELF
Here is a summary based on “The Voice” voting rules at https://www.nbc.com/the-voice/exclusives/voice-rules#main.
Based on the rules, it appears you can cast a combined total of 31 votes for one artist during the overnight voting period by voting on each of the following: “The Voice smartphone app, online, iTunes and Apple Music.
Just FYI: The length of the “overnight voting period” varies with some of the voting methods, so get your votes in early:
• “THE VOICE” OFFICIAL APP (smartphone application): Download it from the App Store or Google Play and register yourself. You can place up to 10 votes per artist per email address or Facebook account during the voting period after the live performances.
• ONLINE: Go to nbc.com/VoiceVote and register yourself, or you can vote via Facebook at Facebook.com or the Facebook App. You can place up to 10 votes per artist per email address or Facebook account during the voting period after the live performances.
• XFINITY X1: You’ll need the X1 set-top box, X1 remote and Xfinity subscription that includes NBC programming. See the “The Voice” voting rules for more details: https://www.nbc.com/the-voice/exclusives/voice-rules#main.
• iTUNES: You must have a valid Apple ID. Vote by purchasing eligible songs and/or duet songs featuring an artist during the overnight voting period for that live show performance. The purchase will count as one vote for the artist who performed individually or one vote each for the artists who performed a duet during the Dec. 11 show.
At the end of a show’s overnight voting period, if the artist’s song from that night’s show is in the Top 10 of the iTunes Top 200 Singles Chart, the artist’s iTunes votes (downloads) will be multiplied by five as an iTunes Bonus.
The iTunes song purchases made outside the overnight voting window but inside the cumulative voting window of 8 p.m. Monday through 7 a.m. Dec. 19 will count toward the artist’s cumulative vote total.
• APPLE MUSIC: You must have an Apple Music subscription. You can vote for an artist by streaming that artist’s song or duet song during the overnight voting window for that live show performance. You are limited to 10 song streams per Apple ID for each song or duet.
Any of the artist’s “The Voice” songs or duets you stream from 8 p.m. Monday through 7 a.m. Dec. 19 will count toward her or his cumulative vote total.
• TWITTER: You must have a valid Twitter account with the privacy setting on “public.” Vote for the artists on duet songs during overnight voting after the Dec. 11 show by posting or retweeting a message containing the artist’s “The Voice”-approved hashtag. The Dec. 11 show is the only one for which you can use Twitter to vote during overnight voting.
To vote for an artist on the Instant Save at the end of a results show, post or retweet a message containing the artist’s “The Voice”-approved hashtag during the Instant Save window, which typically will be 5 minutes.
Hashtags for saving or voting for Addison include one correct spelling and four variations:
The hashtags also can be typed as all lower-case letters.
“The Voice” winner will be determined by fan votes during the overnight voting period after the Dec. 18 live show plus the addition of the artist’s cumulative vote total during the live show portion of this season’s “The Voice.”
THE ADDISON ARCHIVE