‘Christmas in the Park’ returns Nov. 30-Dec. 1
“Christmas in the Park,” sponsored by Christ Child Festival of Fort Wayne Inc., will be Saturday, Nov. 30 and Sunday, Dec. 1, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Franke Park, 3411 Sherman Blvd.
Outdoor activities will include:
• Horse-drawn wagon ride, Nov. 30, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Dec. 1 from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
• The walk-thru “Do You See What I See?” includes a stop at the nativity, complete with live donkeys and sheep (heated tent covering)
• Observe live camels and learn about their habits outside the Magi tent
• Use cell phone or camera for family photo op with choice of several backgrounds: HOPE, JOY, LOVE OR NATIVITY CUT OUT (still time to use for family Christmas card or to insert in card)
INSIDE BRICK HEATED PAVILION No. 1:
• Write an encouraging note to a Veteran that will be delivered by a chaplain. View the tree decorated by Choice Designs to be delivered to the VA Northern Indiana Medical Center on Lake Avenue after Christmas in the Park
• Write an encouraging note to be attached to a hand-crafted dress or pair of shorts to be delivered to a needy child by local people on a mission trip or by Little Dresses for Africa
• View a variety of displays and some interactive booths: Choose a style of balloon sculpture and observe while yours is assembled; view craft ideas at several tables of “Ideas for Make It Together Gifts” and take pictures of the posted instructions; learn about how several different cultures celebrate Christmas; check out several Christmas trees that were previous entries in the Embassy Festival of Trees; select a free book at book tables; enjoy cookies and a beverage.
INSIDE HEATED ACTIVITY TENT:
• Animal Grams Petting Zoo
• On stage performers – mostly Christmas Music noon-4 p.m. each day
• Crafts and games for children
• Listen to “The Story”
• Enjoy donut holes/hot chocolate
For more information go to www.ChristChildFest.org or www.Facebook.com/CCfestival